After check in with Larry, NN4SS all hounds may move to the location of their choice to await the start of the hunt. The Fox will begin transmitting at 10:00 am on 146.565 MHz and will transmit for 3 minutes every 5 minutes. Should the hounds need to communicate with the fox or other hounds they should use the Spartanburg repeater, 147.315 MHz. At 11:30 am, if all hounds have not made it to the den, the Fox will give hints to draw them to the den. As hounds arrive at the den their mileage will be recorded. The Hound with the lowest mileage will be the winner of the Fox Hunt and will have the honor of being the Fox for the next hunt.
- The Fox will not be hiding on occupied private property nor any area marked with no trespassing notices.
- If a Hound has to drop out please notify the Fox on 147.315 MHz.
- You are welcome to participate as individuals or in teams.
Clarification of rules and boundary information:
- Larry, NN4SS will be in the parking lot at the airport.
- The Fox will be located within a 10 mile radius of the airport.
- Mileage will be recorded (rounded) to the nearest whole number.